I think it must be true, though. See, through the day Monday Tim and I went back and forth on this school thing for Caleb. We
And then, in an unexpected twist of fate our landlords showed up (in the middle of a late dinner and harried bedtime) to inform us they have decided to "pursue other options for their property." Our lease expired yesterday and as of Sunday we were still planning on signing another years lease (and had talked to them about this too, so they knew it was our intention and hadn't said anything).
So well, I guess we're moving?
This week or next?
As soon as we find somewhere?
I mean, I haven't had any significant drama in my life since we moved to Utah so we were due, right?
So this is where it comes back to me and my thick head. I mean, if this school we live by now (or school at all?) was not the right decision for Caleb, I have to think there must have been a better way to get that message through to me, right? We do attempt to discern these types of things before rushing headlong into them!
Of course, what do I know. Maybe there is some other better reason we need to move like RIGHT NOW. (Because, I mean we really had talked about moving in a year anyways if it looked like we were going to stay in Salt Lake for fellowship opportunities, etc.) My very smart (much smarter than me, really) friend Gretchen sent me this encouragement, "Oh goodness! An adventure! I love when things like this happen because I know it is God working. He is going to change your circumstances, your direction, your point of view. Open yourself up to change and good things will happen :)"
Can I have her attitude? I can be adventurous and flexible to an extent but I suspect that the next 2 weeks will be strenuous on my patience. There is already a really good chance that we aren't going to be able to make our summer Minnesota trip because this whole moving last minute business is going to probably drain the money we set aside for that. Plus Tim may have to work full time this summer instead of part time as a good number of the properties we have looked at thus far involve an increase in rent and transportation costs (distance to church, activities, etc.).
Oh yeah. I'm also pregnant.
Not exactly the announcement I intended, but it somehow seems relevant that you should know this information in order to fully appreciate the situation. (Not feel sorry for me, please don't do that, but to understand why this is going to be somewhat trickier in the middle of exhaustion and nausea.) I'm due at the end of summer sometime and I have an appointment on the 17th to hopefully see everything going along quite well. I have had several miscarriages so I wasn't sure about going quite so public while I'm still in my 1st trimester, but it seems like the timing is appropriate somehow.
Now, to go pack some more boxes and see what surprises today brings!